Friday, October 14, 2011

Change of Heart...

My mom and I went shopping today with no intention to buy anything until we found this fabulous sweater at our local resale boutique. It's an olive green Romeo & Juliet Couture sweater with lace detail around the bottom. It was so beautiful I couldn't wait to try it on. I am normally a medium and this was a small, but there was no way I wasn't going to purchase this; I would lose weight if I had to.

I tried it on and steped out of the fitting room to show my mom and the sales associates; at first I wasn't in love with it on. It just didn't look right with the jeans I was wearing, but I thought maybe I could pull it off with leggings. THOUGH I was always very against people wearing leggings with tops. The only way I was every going to wear leggings was with a dress that fully covered all the junk in my trunk. They had a couple pairs at the boutique that I tried on and though none of them fit me quit right; they looked adorable with the sweater. The lace fell perfectly to cover what I didn't want showing, it didn't look too bulky anymore, and it really showed off the beauty of the sweater and lace.

I obviously bought the sweater, but I didn't have any leggings to go with it. That is right I do not own a single pair of thick leggings. At the resale boutique the leggings that I tried on were from Maurices, so we went there to see if they had a smaller size. They did, and they fit perfect; they were so comfortable and what I really like about them was that they had a thick band around the waist that helps with holding them in place so they arn't constantly falling down. Plus they were only $14, which I thought was fairly reasonable for leggings. 

I will be styling the sweater with my new leggings and giving styling tips for how to wear leggings sometime within the next week,
so be sure to check back and let me know what you think.



 P.S. I also just bought a pair of black faux leather leggings; they are really on trend right now and they are a little less expensive then buying leather pants. They are from DailyLook.com and they are on sale right now for $14.99! Faux Leather Leggings

XOXO Rae

No comments: