Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY- Jeans into Shorts

Hello, Hello. Today I want to show how to cut off pants into shorts. I'm really into high-waisted anything right now, and I find the best high-waisted shorts (being summer) are found in the pants section at Goodwill.
They sell a ton of what you might call the "mom" jean, and cut off they make the perfect short!

Again I didn't film it because I thought it could be explained just as easy in pictures.

What you'll need:
The "mom" jean, or just any pair of jeans you want to make into shorts
scissors
pair of shorts you like/wear now

Step 1
Lay the pair of pants down on a flat surface.

Step 2
Lay the pair of shorts that you like over the top of you pants.

Step 3
Cut your pants about the length of the shorts you like.
I always go about an inch longer just to be safe. You can always cut something shorter, but you can't go back if you cut it too short.

Step 4
Fold your pants over, and cut the other leg at the same length you did the other.

Final product, now try to try them on.

Step 5
Make sure they are the right length by trying them on either by rolling them or cutting more off.

Here's another pair of pants I cut into shorts.


Hope you enjoyed this blog post, and it inspired you to make some shorts.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
XOXO
Rae


No comments: